To provide world-class Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgical Services to Nigerians of all socioeconomic status and play a leading role in advocacy, training and research.
To facilitate the establishment of Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery care and training programmes in Nigerian tertiary hospitals, enhance local institutional and international collaboration and attain a top rank position in Africa.
Altruism, Dedication, Empathy, Collaboration
- To encourage basic research and clinical investigations in the field of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery with the aim of improving the quality of care of patients
- To improve the quality and practice of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery in Nigeria by promoting the professional development of those involved in the practice
- To provide a forum for the exchange and dissemination of scientific ideas and research work among its members and the medical profession.
- To standardize the practice of members of the association and establish standard conducts, ethics and practice for members by effective peer review mechanism.
- To relate with relevant government agencies with a view to enabling appropriate legislation and interest in the development of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery in Nigeria.